Prospective members of Denton County Home School Association are required to read and agree to the following Statement of Understanding and Terms of Service. Please read the following carefully!
Statement of Understanding
- DCHSA is based upon a distinctly Christian worldview. From this worldview stems our conviction that true education cannot take place apart from the acknowledgment of the one true Creator God and the authority of the Lord Jesus Christ. While member families are not required to be Christian or sign a doctrinal statement, we do want all to be aware of the educational philosophy that we promote. It is important for prospective members to understand that the membership guidelines and standards for behavior for our members are unapologetically based on the values and precepts derived from the Holy Bible.
- The DCHSA Board of Directors reserves the right, and has the sole discretion, to deny any application for DCHSA Membership if the applicant does not qualify for membership as defined in this Statement of Understanding, and also may summarily revoke DCHSA Membership and/or access to the DCHSA Website, for any violation of the Terms of Service, or for any cause whatsoever without notice or refund of membership fees.
- The membership roster of DCHSA is confidential and for the use of members only. Members will not give, loan, sell or otherwise distribute in any form, all or part of the roster to nonmembers of DCHSA. Any violation of this rule will result in termination of membership. Any use of the roster by a member for advertising, prospecting, mass mailing, or phone canvassing must have the approval of the DCHSA President or other board member authorized by the President.
- A member is defined as a person or family who: (a) currently homeschools, intends to homeschool within the next twelve months, or has homeschooled in the past, (b) agrees to this Statement of Understanding and Terms of Service, (c) has paid dues in full, and (d) has read and will uphold applicable portions of the Texas Education Code. (To read applicable sections of the Texas Education Code, click HERE to open it in a new window.)
Terms of Service
Introduction: The following Terms of Service for using www.dchsa.org (the "Website") is the agreement between the homeschool family that signs up to use the Website (the "Subscriber") and Denton County Home School Association (DCHSA or the "Provider").
1. Purpose of Agreement: The goal of this document is to outline the expectations and acceptable use of the Website.
2. Services to be Provided: The Provider agrees to provide the Subscriber with access to the Website.
3. Payment: The Subscriber agrees to pay the annual membership fee specified by the Provider to join DCHSA. Membership runs from the date of payment until the same date in the following year. Payment of the annual membership fee shall entitle the Subscriber to have access to the Website so long as the Subscriber’s membership payment is current and the Subscriber does not violate this Terms of Service agreement or the DCHSA Statement of Understanding, and the Subscriber’s membership has not otherwise been revoked.Â Any Subscriber whose membership term expires without payment by the anniversary deadline may have service suspended or discontinued.
A. The Provider reserves the right to summarily terminate access to the DCHSA Website for any violation of the Terms of Service, or for any cause whatsoever, at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors, without notice or refund of membership fees.
B. The Subscriber also has the right to terminate this Agreement at any time.
C. Upon termination of this Agreement for any reason, each party shall be released from all obligations and liabilities to the other occurring or arising after the date of termination.
5. Subscriber Obligations: The Subscriber agrees that acceptable use of the Website is defined and limited as described by this agreement, and agrees that DCHSA must uphold the law and standards defined in this agreement. Determination of compliance with these obligations will be made at the sole discretion of the Board of Directors or the Website administrator(s) officially authorized by them. The Subscriber agrees to the following:
A. The Subscriber may not upload content to the Website that is protected by copyright or is the property of anyone other than the Subscriber, unless the Subscriber has obtained permissions from the owner of the content as required by law. These legal protections and upload restrictions apply within DCHSA Web forums, classifieds, announcements, and all accessible content and functions, to trademarks, images, video, music, all electronic recording delivery applications, files, recordings, and functions, logos, intellectual property, written articles, or text of any length and of any kind created by anyone other than the Subscriber as required by law.
B. DCHSA logos, organization names, or creative property (content, images, text, articles, video, or any other content produced by DCHSA or displayed on the Website) may not be duplicated in any way, or incorporated into any other creative or published work, downloaded, or uploaded to the Website, by anyone, or used for any purpose whatsoever without the authorization of the Board of Directors, except that DCHSA-originated information and announcement blog, forum, and resource pages may be stored, emailed, or printed for the Subscriber’s private use.
C. The name of the Provider (“Denton County Home School Association” or “DCHSA”) may not be assigned to, or associated with, any event, activity, sports activity or league, information, announcement, assembly, organization, group, facility, website, individual, curriculum, publication, or content, without written authorization of the Board of Directors. In the event of any unauthorized use of the name of the Provider, the Provider will not be held liable in any way for any injury, accident, information, mishap, or harm resulting.
D. DCHSA encourages free, open dialogue between its members with as little restriction or interference as possible. However, the Subscriber will not post any content that addresses or responds to a DCHSA member, another forum poster, content creator, advertiser, or subject matter in a demeaning, inappropriate, derogatory, threatening, menacing, disorderly, excessively confrontational, or argumentative manner.
E. DCHSA exists to promote discussion and the free exchange of ideas and discussion among its members. However, the Subscriber will not post any content that is deliberately false or misleading, or communicate in a manner deemed inappropriate in a Christian association, or post content or promote organizations and philosophies that are undermining to the Provider’s organizational or philosophical mission.
F. DCHSA is responsible to its own members to practice financial accountability and responsible administration of all official DCHSA functions, and to appoint qualified and approved directors and leaders for these functions. In the spirit of freedom and innovation that characterizes homeschoolers, DCHSA also strongly encourages privately created and administrated support groups, enrichment courses, organizations, activities, events, and functions. However, the Provider accepts no responsibility whatsoever for any such privately created and administrated functions, whether conducted by, or in association with, any of its members, or any organizations, individuals, or functions mentioned, recommended, linked, or referred to on the Website or announced or posted by its members or advertisers. The Subscriber may not use any DCHSA organizational name in a manner that implies ownership, support, responsibility, administration, or approval of DCHSA.
G. The Subscriber will not use the Provider’s Website, tools, or resources to display announcements, posts, or advertisements designed for the purpose of, or deemed by the Board of Directors or authorized Website administrator to be, undermining, directly competing with, displacing, redundant, or disrupting of any officially authorized DCHSA function.
H. The Subscriber will comply with all Federal, State, and Local laws regarding the use of DCHSA members' and Website users' personal information.
I. The Subscriber will not: post harmful programs such as worms or viruses; post any illegal content; post any pornographic content; post material considered libelous, profane, racist or obscene; nor send unsolicited, spam emails.
6. Right to Edit Announcements and Communications: DCHSA reserves the right to partially or substantially edit any posted Website content, including blog or forum posts, announcements, or any communications, for length or content, without notice. Also DCHSA reserves the right to edit or remove, without notice, any blog or forum posts, announcements, or any communications posted or intended for posting that are deemed inaccurate, incomplete, inappropriate, disruptive, confusing, or that are in violation of these Terms of Service.
7. Third Party Links and References: Many pages on the DCHSA Website contain links to third party websites or references to third party publications or resources. The Provider is not responsible for any content, opinions expressed, suitability, safety, privacy, or additional links included in such third party links, publications, or resources. We remind you that information you submit online at one of the linked websites is subject to collection and use by those websites.
A. The System: Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., CGI Central, and Denton County Home School Association own all rights to all data, technical structures, graphics and graphical templates associated with the Website, the Website configuration, and the Website applications.
B. The Content: Content uploaded to the Website is the property of the Subscriber who alone is liable for such content.
C. Mutual Protection: The Subscriber and Provider mutually agree to uphold and protect the rights of each regarding the Website and its Contents. The Subscriber agrees not to use access, or provide access to anyone, with the purpose of misuse or duplication of the properties of Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. or CGI Central or materials posted by the Denton County Home School Association.
9. Limited Warranty and Liability: DCHSA provides no warranties regarding the use of its Website and is not liable for any failure of hardware, software, its network or services. The Subscriber can cancel service at any time by written notice to DCHSA. However, DCHSA will not refund paid service/membership fees. No warranty is here contained or implied regarding the services or products provided by DCHSA or through Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd., or CGI Central, nor is any warranty represented or claimed regarding availability or accuracy of contents and information, or any specific use the Subscriber may intend.
10. General Provisions:
A. This Agreement is the sole and entire Agreement between the parties relating to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all understandings, agreements, and documentation relating to such subject matter. DCHSA reserves the right to make amendments to this agreement at its sole discretion.
B. If any provision in this Agreement is held by a court of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, void or unenforceable, the remaining provisions will continue in full force without being impaired or invalidated in any way.
C. This Agreement will be governed by the laws of the State of Texas.
D. This Agreement does not create any agency or partnership relationship.
E. This Agreement is not assignable by either party without the prior written consent of the other.